Friday, November 13, 2009

Water...false...they have a connection?

I was randomly flipping through one of my favorite books today( guess which one!!), and I found the sentence "She was false as water". hmmm. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??
( sorry for the attack of caps, but seriously it threw me.) So my first clue was it was Othello. Second that the word "Strumpet" kept coming up when I googled it. Othello said it about Desdemona...after he smothered he...hence the past tense there. So anyways, my thought of today is--"False as water" is pretty much an awesome was to say 'very un-constant'. My deduction ( light bulbs are going on allover the place here...)is that since water will flow anywhere, once it starts downhill it goes faster,it can boil or be ice cold, and is not really going to stay in one place'n'form most of the time. Since Othello thought Desdemona was untrue to him, he called her "false as water". Because water changes. ( Give the girl a cookie.)

I found this in my saved drafts, so I'm posting it in a fit of wild blogging.
I want Laura bora pora dora cora babora to know I love her, and hope her elbow (heehee you broke it again ;) feels better. =) ♥

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks Ray! Love ya too! That just made my day! Your posts always make me happy anyway though. :)