Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just an example

This blog is for all my very dear friends, some of whom even happen to like Shakespeare! Yeehaw.

The great Enak, you've really helped me to love Shakespeare even more.

Dear girls, I'll try to find something that'll help you alway win. ;)

Dear boys, I'll try to give you a fighting chance for the last word.

Dear self, [you] "Prattle something too wildly"

Supposing any of you ever make it somewhere warm enough for a beach,
you may meet a totally cute person of the opposite sex. 'Yay!', you say to yourself, until you begin to converse and find them totally lacking in social grace and common courtesy. Yikes, they're telling you how ugly and out of style your suit is. They think you are totally pasty white! 'eeew, why'd you even come to the beach if you were just planning on blinding us all!?' states said "dull and muddy-mottled rascal" in a simpering tone. Then, goes on to complain to you about how they forgot their sunscreen! What if they burn?!?! Or even worse, what if they burn and peel.
Of course, you could always just stand and stare at them with jaws agape, wondering why, why they are even talking to you. And why it had to be today that you went to the beach. Or,you could quickly pull out a fantastic Shakespeare quote. Naturally, you choose the latter. Stating with calm indifference: "Your face is not worth sunburning". A shocked silence ensues. This complaining wimp in front of you is (at last!) at a loss for words. What do you say to that?! Away they walk. Wondering what they did you tork you off, and why they even talked to you in the first place.

I really hope that something like that never happens to you. The truth is, we'll all meet someone sometime that just needs a good ol' insult to send them packing.
Now of course, I'm not writing this blog to make you rude and crude. And I'm not trying to say that people met at beaches are always jerks. Furthermore, I don't think it'll always be someone of the opposite sex that you'll wanna get rid of. The point is, that I have this amazing book--courtesy of Sam E.J.-- and, I want to share the witty hilarity with all of you!!

So, unless otherwise stated, anything in double quotes is from Shakespeare. I'll try to give you at least one a day. They will come to you various ways...sometimes for certain people. Sometimes with little stories. Sometimes I'll give you some background on the play, or the quote, or the person saying the quote. Or whatever other ways I can think of. If you used one of the quotes, and care to share the story...send it to me, and I'll post it!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I love it already!

Rachelbugalita said...

Yay!! I'm so glad.

Caitilin said...

Fabulous! Love your example!

T. G. E.

Unknown said...

HAHHA love it! ...thanks for doing this :)

Nittin said...

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

That was hilarious! thanks Rachel, i'll totally have to remember these quotes, you know, just in case. hehe

Rachelbugalita said...

=D I'm so, so, so happy that you like it so far everyone! ♥